Friday 3 July 2015

'I have no belief in past records'

Bangladesh coach Chandika Hathurusingha on Friday said he has no belief in past records.
Hathurusingha said this while talking to reporters at Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium in Mirpur about South Africa series starting from 5 July.
“If I believe in history, I won’t be here today. I don’t believe in history. It is there to change. It is how we go about doing it, is key,” Hathurusingha said.
“We are not part of history. We are part of present,” he added.
Bangladesh has, so far, won only an ODI match against South Africa in three formats while Tigers met the Porteas 24 times. The only happy moment came true in 2007 World Cup.
Tigers faced Proteas in 14 ODI matches, in 8 Test series, and two Tweenty20 matches.
“I can’t do much about what players read or write. I can only tell about it to players is what we can do now and what our strength is. I constantly tell them how good they are and what they can do,” he added.
The present body language of Bangladesh players tells us Hathurusingha knows how to inspire the players. Now Bangladesh do not scare opponent at least in small formats.
The Tigers’ coach said, “I haven’t seen anything distracting coming in the camp. They are keeping their feet on the ground. They need to enjoy their successes.”
Hathurusingha pointed out performance of the youngsters saying, “Some of the guys have done things that people have never done before so these are unprecedented successes. They have the right to enjoy what they are doing and be confident about it.”
Asked about special plan to stop the Proteas, he replied, “They are a very strong side in all formats for a long time. I don’t see that we have advantage in any other version. We are confident with the way we play ODI cricket at this stage. We are really doing well.”
“I still think that we will give a good run. We are a very strong side,” he added.

0 comments:

Post a Comment